Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Family Camp

each year my family, my cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents get together and share a wonderful week at Somerset Beach Camp ground. it's a amazing way to get together with our family. it's also a great way to get out of the house for a while :)
me and my family share a camper that all of us kids chipped in to buy. it's really fun to see the cupboards full of stuff we never have at home. you know, it's a special time, so my awesome parents (and grandparents) buy us yummy stuff like pop tarts and really sugary cereal.
there's this really big lake, and we go there every day together. and there's this awesome snack bar by the beach. in the water they have a raft and we go out there and jump off. and you can buy rec tickets and go on boats. there's also this ice cream party that we go to every year. there's church every morning and evening but it's in a big blue and white striped tent. my sister and some of my cousins( just 2 let u know that we had 14 cousins there, not including my aunt's and uncles and grandparents. well, then the number would be 23.) sang the song "the Tent in the Center of town" there this year. it was the most perfect song to sing in a church tent. we have campfires, and we make new friends, and we just have fun. loads and loads of fun. Family Camp is my FAVORITE part of the summer, no matter what. it's super fun to have our cousins here with us. if they weren't there, then i don't think i would have much fun at family camp. they make it so special and so much fun.
it's a blast every year!
to who ever is reading this:
have an awesome day and i hope you have a great summer just like i did!

~Beth

2 comments:

Karaeleanor said...

I love family camp!!! I think when school starts, or when Christmas is over, I'm going to start counting down again!!! I love it!!
:)
Great post,
Kara

Kulio said...

I love all the details in this post! You'll love looking back on this and remembering (and getting excited for next year!) Love you.